Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 241 03-03-2006 , 09:21 AM
Subscriber
matt, you should think about what will be involved, like people's positions as, animator, texturer, script writers, concepts, themes, style, colour, story board, lip-sync, sound, titles, models, terrain, sets to match the colour and style of the theme and movie, characters and 'closet' for colour contrast (don't want white aliens on a white background), music, folleys, continuity, cameras, lights, ...stuff like that.

oh yea, subtitles, it would be good to have subtitles because thi is an international project, interplanetry??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 242 03-03-2006 , 09:33 AM
Subscriber
ok sweet. I think sephiroth, u the oversear right? U should start giving out positions try to get to move a bit more. Or at least estimating what must be done. Maybe a list would be good. Yes im all for fantasy too. Oh do we have a story yet? Anyone have an idea for a storyline, or even a short already written story might do. Fantasy ofcourse. Lets do this :attn:

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 243 03-03-2006 , 09:47 PM
hey... i thought i was the overseer! :blush:

mirek-
and most of the lighting and color themes and cameras and settings and environments, will be done in concept sketches.

I, at least, have a 6x8inch Wacom, and I do digital paintings on it all teh time.

so thats my take on it

cya later.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 244 03-03-2006 , 11:27 PM
Subscriber
i nearly brought one a few days ago. (wacom) you seem to think they're worth it? any advice or just buy it and plunge in.

'and most of the lighting and color themes and cameras and settings and environments, will be done in concept sketches'

matt, you have your work cut out for you there, that's a lot of work my friend but someone's gotta do it.

# 245 03-03-2006 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber
you can be overseer if you want, I don't mind Matt. Or we can both be overseer. Whatever you wish. I was just trying to take a little initiative and get the project movin'

My password is ********.
# 246 05-03-2006 , 12:00 PM
Subscriber
ok, we all answer to mattheman and sepheroth, whats the story, u too cook one up yet?

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 247 05-03-2006 , 12:30 PM
Subscriber
I second that emotion... user added image

I got a wacom today, don't have a cue about it but it may come in handy for story boarding??

# 248 05-03-2006 , 03:14 PM
well, i just woke up so this might be crappy, and its just the basics:

A man with a big sword (a warrior style dude) walks into a peaceful villiage on the edge of a valley. Nothing bad has happened there for thousands of years. The man comes in and demands to speak to the mayor for "urgent business". He talks to the mayor (we dont see him talking or hear him, but we see the mayor's face go all pale and he looks frightened).

Turns out the warrior went this way to prepare for a massive attack from the unholy armies of the East, And this was their first attack point. This villiage held a strategic defense point, so he came to fight here instead of at the big city far west.

He wants to get a whole bunch of villiagers to fight for him. He trains them and prepares them for battle.

They fight and they lose against the incoming unholy armies. They are forced to retreat into the big city where a huge battle is fought inside and ouside its streets.
And of course, in the end the good guys win. The warrior is slain, however, and a big funeral is held for him.

I kno this is verry rough, but what do u think?

# 249 05-03-2006 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
damn...that's awesome I say we go with that one. what do you guys think? I think it is an awesome storyline that seems stereotypical in certain ways but in others it is more original. Lets elaborate.

My password is ********.
# 250 05-03-2006 , 06:26 PM
cool so ill start painting the villiage!

# 251 05-03-2006 , 07:41 PM
Well, this is more of my idea- rather then a valley- how about a peninsula.

this is a quick 40 minute speed paint in photoshop

Attached Thumbnails

# 252 05-03-2006 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
Hiya there guys...

Slatamilian had a really great idea.
Unfortunately it seems like the thing has gotten kinda out of hand or something.. I've read the whole thread, and I do have some ideas about what can be done.

I think that Simply Maya can back this up somehow.. either by creating a TEAM COMPETITION, or giving us some help. Gathering your team up to 7 persons and create your own sequence would be really nice...
That way we will all get a grip and finish the project user added image .
In case that cannot be done, an alternative could be for simply maya to helps us in a different kind of way, like if we manage to finish the project , they'll be kind and offer us a dvd-release user added image
Simply Maya Branded of course...
Anyway that were just some ideas I had...

Other than that,
you can still continue on the "work together" scheme, but although it might seem a bit old (star wars), I would suggest the Jet race idea.

I believe that we we could work with the souroundings of the race rather the race itself.We could create a sort of ...different perspective, with glimpses of the race but by not being focused on it . For instance let's say that next to the starting point, lives a small family of weird looking creatures that are of some centimeters high... No one knows about them!! user added image And everytime the race happens, they are in trouble or something...
Or we could have some cool alien reporter taking an interview, and saying some funny stuff... that are related to the race, and we only see glimpses of the race with highlights.
That way we can do certain scenes and leave out many difficult parts, like handling the crowd... since the crowd will only be seen at the start, and for a short period of time... so we'd have no problem doing it in lower quality.

Anyway that's all. I've added some of you in my msn, I sincerely hope this work.

See you around.

Ioannis KarAvas
# 253 05-03-2006 , 09:01 PM
we gave up the jet race about 6 months ago, so u kno

# 254 06-03-2006 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber
well? What do we do guys? The fantasy or the jet race? Lets figure this out quickly because if we just keep talking about this and not get anything done we won't be able to finish this before we give up on it. Lets get this started guys! We can do this.:p :p :p

My password is ********.
# 255 06-03-2006 , 02:08 AM
fantasy- we did start the jet race 6 mos ago and nobody really did anything (cept a guy named total rookie and me and vedic kings and... I think thats it.oh, and MetallicJet66)

Thats my opinion