Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-06-2006 , 05:18 AM

weird issue with time slider

i recently reinstalled maya 6.5 on a new computer...since then i've run into the weirdest and most annoying glitch.

when using the time slider, everything seems to work fine (i can scrub through my animation by clicking and dragging, i can highlight keys, and drag them, etc) --- EXCEPT --- there no longer is a black marker indicating what frame i am currently on. as you can imagine, this is a pretty random and irritating problem. i've dug through every settings menu i can find, and nothing seems to help.

has anyone run into this glitch before?

i've tried reinstalling maya again.

my machine is a new pentium dual core running a radeon x1900, if that helps.

thanks.

# 2 19-06-2006 , 03:41 AM
bump.

anyone? please. i'm desperate...

# 3 21-06-2006 , 08:07 PM
can't seem to be able to find a solution to your problem, but there is this handy little box to the right of the time slider that tells you what frame you're on. without the black line it should give you an idea.

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 21-06-2006 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
when you reinstalled maya did you delete your prefs folder ? that will delete all your special shelfs and buttons ... just be aware and did you get same issue ?