Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-09-2008 , 01:27 AM

Drawing Room

Here a new one, not good but i'll going on.

Cheers!
user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-09-2008 , 03:27 AM
Actually it's not that bad. If you had a better wood floor texture to use, it would look much much better, but a good wood floor texture is hard to find. I still haven't found one myself.

Overall, the lighting looks great, other than some light reflections on the center of the ceiling where it's recessed. I'm no lighting expert but the overall mood of the room seems pretty good to me.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 02-09-2008 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber
i love that glass table and the ceiling!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 03-09-2008 , 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Thick slabs of glass for coffee tables make me uneasy(don't ask). It looks good, I like the touch with the IES profiles and the recessed lighting, seems like an easy room in which to get comfortable. Though the quality of the image itself could be a bit higher but that has nothing to do with the scene itself so no biggie.

- Genny
# 5 03-09-2008 , 10:01 AM
nice job lealar user added image

i might move the camera forward or change the focal length - at the moment it's making the room look unnecessarily big - almost like it's a tv set room.

Last edited by arran; 04-09-2008 at 12:26 PM.
# 6 04-09-2008 , 10:56 AM
I'm so glad reply my post guys and make me up, and next case i'll try to make better and thanks a lots.

# 7 05-09-2008 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
overall, looks good ...

the outside lighting though is abit intense on my eyes

# 8 06-09-2008 , 07:59 PM
It looks great,getting a wood floor texture is pretty hard,for my kitchen project I'm switching to stone since it is easier to find and make bumps from. I like the lighting alot user added image
Maybe adding some other elements not homey but like an orchid,remote and so on....

# 9 06-09-2008 , 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by jm82792
It looks great,getting a wood floor texture is pretty hard,for my kitchen project I'm switching to stone since it is easier to find and make bumps from. I like the lighting alot user added image
Maybe adding some other elements not homey but like an orchid,remote and so on....

You changed your design to stone because you couldn't find wood images? 1. I don't think you looked hard enough (check the resource lounge here) 2. I think its worth it to paint your own in that case (you can reuse it, chop it up whatever)

- Genny
# 10 07-09-2008 , 07:08 PM
I've looked but I can't find a nice clean one(smooth) and I have enough wood in the scene. But I'll look since I want to have a little library of textures..
I honestly,currently don't have the knowledge on how to make my own wood textures,I'd like to learn though user added image

Right now I'm just trying to utilize nice wood textures for my cabinets and get them realistic then I guess I'll go onto making my own wood textures.

# 11 07-09-2008 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
certainly you have some kinda wooden asset at the place you stay? have you no camera? user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 12 09-09-2008 , 10:26 AM
I have a decent camera and hardwood floor but I just have no clue on how I prepare the textures and so on.
I'll go and look into the preparation of textures since it's another asset I'd like to have user added image

Last edited by jm82792; 09-09-2008 at 10:32 AM.
# 13 13-09-2008 , 05:09 AM

Excellent

Excellent interior design and great lighting

Register For FREE! Gain additional exposure for your artistic talents. Portray your art to the world at "The 3D WallPaper Art Portal" (https://www.3dwallpaperart.com)
# 14 20-09-2008 , 04:22 AM

Awesome !!!

I really love the final output ; it looks pretty realistic....however, u can put more stuff in the room or jus make the room smaller as in get the camera closer...

user added image

# 15 22-09-2008 , 08:08 AM
I am angry... Why cant i use Maya ^^ I realy have to learn... When i see thise screens i think one thing... you dont need a camra... you can make your own photos ^^
I mean.. Hay when i see thise i first think "Is the realy real?? OMG!"

Sorry for my bad english!