SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Technical Issues / Mental Ray is missing

Maya Technical Issues Post all your interface and configuration related problems with Maya software here.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-06-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
Black_Bart_GA
Subscriber

Mental Ray is missing
I always notice the Maya Output Window opened separately from Maya 5.0...running behind. It says something about Mental Ray for Maya loaded. I have had a few computer glitches lately, and now I notice that the Output Window is no longer there. Also, when I go to Render Globals, there is no option to render with Mental Ray. It was there before! Now only Maya Software and Maya Hardware. Oh where, oh where did my Mental Ray Go?

Any ideas?

Black_Bart
13-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
Black_Bart_GA
Subscriber

OK...guys...figured it out. I should have searched the forums a little more in depth before making a thread. This problem was solved by deleting Personal Preferences, and restarting...suddenly Mental ray came back.

Thanks.
28-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
dave_baer

Also could have been solved by going to WINDOWs > SETTINGS/PREFERENCES > PLUGIN MANAGER and turning Mental ray ON. Make sure loaded and auto load are both checked.
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu