Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-03-2004 , 07:46 PM

I have lost the will do do any art , digital etc...

After I worked my ass off in school and had work that was known to be promising in the future. I was so exhausted that I kicked back too much, had too much fun and forgot about work. Right now there are other distractions and somehow I feel a little disgusted when I do work. I want to get into a rhythim where I can work more consistently and gain my inspiration back as an artist. I need encouraging words from all you fellow people because I don't feel like im heading into the right direction and I hope you can understand. I been in a depression type of that I don't wanna do anything but I can get back up u know. I can succeed, I just need to relax and find what suits me best.

your fellow animator

# 2 08-03-2004 , 08:21 PM
BeerĀ“s the solution mate.
Oh, and buy the SM DVDs. user added image

# 3 08-03-2004 , 09:22 PM
Watch some good 3D/fx movies user added image

# 4 08-03-2004 , 09:41 PM
whell mait just go truth some galeris, and watch what other people make, and chat with people on this site, you will get encouraged befor next week, just get started with modeling something, i was in that faze before few weeks and i was thinking i whill never make some nice models, whell i didn`t make them even now but i am still fighting, this is ruff way too succes!! Try modeling soimething for start, and try with some tutorials, mail me your first render please too see what have you done!!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 5 08-03-2004 , 09:44 PM

# 6 08-03-2004 , 09:46 PM
# 7 08-03-2004 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
You know... I was in this EXACT place for the past several months or so. I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. I think the reason I was unmotivated to do anything was because I had pretty much done all the stuff in 3D that I had an interest in. I have a lot of models for my website, I'm known around a few communities, I have a nice website, etc... I really didn't see much room for improvement that would make a considerable difference in how I viewed myself as an artist.

Just a few days ago, I very suddenly decided to make a robot so I spent 7 hours designing it in two sittings. I don't really know what inspired me to do this, but I just somehow wanted to. Then, after I finished with that, I decided I should redo a few things on my website to give it a slightly new layout and change a few things on it. Slowly but surely I seemed to be picking back off where I left everything at. Last night I actually made a long list of things I wanted to do (model stuff, organize a few files on my computer, practice conceptual drawings, etc) so I'm pumped to get started quickly and think I'm back in the game.

Although it's not the case with me specifically, I think another big thing to get back into modeling and animating is being part of a good community that can watch your progress or doing everything you do with another person who will appreciate your work and give you good critisizm and push you along slightly. I know it can get very boring if you do everything alone because that's pretty much what I've been doing for a long while now. Joining the challenges for instance is a good way to begin again. You're with a lot of people who all have the same general goal which makes it more enjoyable.

Mmmm.... anyway I suppose that's all I have to say about it really.

# 8 08-03-2004 , 10:19 PM
Mean i just saw your work, you have meny reasons to get back on right track, that`s wery nice works!!! Look for others work and get back in there realy qickly!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 9 08-03-2004 , 10:27 PM
You are right, I added your contact into my aol and msn so we can chat sometime.

# 10 09-03-2004 , 10:44 AM
Subscriber
Perhaps it's time to explore some area of the pipeline you are not so familiar with. How about rendering, compositing, FX etc?

Maybe you should get involved in a collaborative short movie. There are many benefits to this: it would focus your mind on a set of tasks, involve you in a team who share a goal, and also provide a good portfolio piece.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 11 09-03-2004 , 05:40 PM

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 12 09-03-2004 , 09:33 PM
You have awesome work man.... Obviously you know your stuff, you show it off well.

Last edited by painterdan; 12-03-2004 at 03:32 AM.
# 13 11-03-2004 , 04:55 PM
just dowload the free tutorial