Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 04-04-2009 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber

Some advice please

Hey guys just was hoping for some feedback.
the ears are messed up and some more work needs to be done but i am new to 3d modeling and self taught so ur feed back would be appreciated. more renders coming
thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-04-2009 , 08:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
practice practice practice.

That and study anatomy and other people's work as much as you can!

# 3 04-04-2009 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
look into this thread: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=24483

that will help you with topology, and look into tutorials they are very helpful for a basic idea of how to model. and reference are a key for when you're a beginner, I would have never modeled anything decent if it's wasn't for some kind of reference picture on a plane to help get basic shapes and proportions down.

And please for the people who might not have the wide screen monitors or not have a fast connection please try to keep the pictures rendered at 640x480pixels.

Not a horrible first model for being new but look into tutorials and get reference images and read through the thread I posted above about topology and you should be on your way to even better modeling. Keep practicing.