Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-05-2012 , 10:34 PM

interior and exterior images

hi,

I ask a lot of questions on this board but can't provide much help, so I thought I'd share my most recent Maya work, some of which has been helped along by people on this board (special thanks to Genny! user added image

I'm a 2D/ZBrush person at heart and these renders take a lot from my stylised approach to illustration, so they're not meant to be 100% photo-realistic. I'm pretty pleased with them for first attempts.

all the geometry in the bar scene is from turbosquid; the car is my own mesh

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-05-2012 , 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Those look pretty cool, the CA is really strong in the second image but it adds a dreamy effect to it and I like it. The depth of the first image gets kinda muddy with the chair in the foreground and the piano. Still, nice job!user added image

- Genny
# 3 24-05-2012 , 12:00 AM
thanks. actually, the piano and chair is my favourite bit! =S but I admit the chair has become a bit vague - I layered some noise over the FG; it looked ok on the table but flattened the chair somewhat,and for some reason I never toned it down...

CA..?

# 4 24-05-2012 , 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
CA = Chromatic Aberration. I lose track of what's what in the first image its like I have baby oil in my eyes or something, especially on the left side, there is a lot of the same tones.

- Genny
# 5 24-05-2012 , 01:59 AM
Nice sharing.I prefer the second image.And the smoke in the first one looks a little strange.

# 6 11-12-2012 , 05:36 AM
Wow..Love them both.