Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 15-05-2003 , 07:21 AM
ARGH!!! I´m all pumped up now!!! user added image
<adl mutters to himself ... "6 more days 6 more days ..">

# 17 15-05-2003 , 07:25 AM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 18 15-05-2003 , 07:28 AM
Oh yeah.
I´ll be keeping an eye out on that one.
Link´s in Favorites now.

# 19 15-05-2003 , 07:48 AM

Last edited by adldesigner; 15-05-2003 at 07:56 AM.
# 20 15-05-2003 , 05:14 PM
It's amazing how pompous and arrogantly sad these "critics" sound.

All 3 of the "critics" from those articles reviewed the movie as if they were somehow "hurt" or mentaly scarred as a child by some movie they did not understand, so they complained about it, and everyone told them to eat crap, and they got sad.

So, now they feel they must target the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR, (imho), and rip it to shreds so they can feel justified that they are somehow exacting "revenge" on those of us with a brain.

ALL 3 reported the scenes in a BIASED, and spitefull manner unbecoming a true critic, not to mention reporting scenes AND actor names WRONG!

Retards... I mean, it was like they were not even IN the theater at all, and just picked out a bunch of teenagers that got in with fake ID's as they were walking out to tell them their version of the story, complete with actor misspellings, incorrect philosophy, and general ignorance.

TRUST me Adl, if you truly liked, AND fully understood the first one, (which is NOT hard at all) you WILL love the next 2user added image

Critics are just that, retards with no employment ambition other than to spoonfeed biased, and false impressions to the masses, to furthur thier belief that any press is good press.

...whew...

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 21 15-05-2003 , 05:16 PM
I trust you buddy. Just found it peculiar.
I know I did invest very well when I got those tickets. user added image

by the way, cool counter-postuser added image

# 22 15-05-2003 , 05:55 PM
Why thank youuser added image hehe...

Yeah, M2 fricken rocks m8!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 23 15-05-2003 , 07:58 PM
Well, just got back form the movie and... dont take this the wrong way.... I thought it was just ok.... nothing special.... It felt like a movie based around eye- candy rather than pushing developement and the plot.

Rage I have a brain=) heheheheheh

Dont get me wrong it was ok.. The effects/Compositing rocked, I just found that the movie lagged a lot for just a little bit more information on the story and whats going on, which all came close to the end.

Thats all im going to say dont want to wreak it for ADL

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 24 15-05-2003 , 09:16 PM
Well said Kurt, and a small part of me does agree with yauser added image

There were parts that drug the movie out that made it seem a bit longer than needed.
I was told they did that so the small portion of the audience that did not see the first one, would get a bit more up to speed with us.

Still my years favorite so far! Can't wait for M3!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 25 15-05-2003 , 09:20 PM
<adl stops monitoring this thread till he watches the movie> user added image

# 26 16-05-2003 , 09:08 AM
Well I saw the movie and must admit I was abit disapointed. Damn I wanted this movie to be really hot but I had the same feeling after I saw Final Fantasy the movie. It really felt like they just wanted to give the public a special effects movie which is okay as long as it has a solid story to back it up. When I was in the theater, the reactions were not to good and although I dug the talk with Neo and the Matrix creator, alot of people were lost! Not a good sign. As for the visual effects, they did a good job, but it felt like they did not push the envelope like they did with the first one. So many movies have copied the bullet time effect and added something to the plate, but here they just went with the same old stuff that worked in the first film. The Twins really let me downuser added image . They were two phat lookn' characters, but after Nightcrawlers opening sequence in X2, the Twins really looked wack!!! They had the power to phase their bodies which was sort of similar to Nightcrawaler teleporting yet their fight sequences was not hot at all!! Also with all the hype surrounding the highway sequence I was expecting this to blow away SW Episode 1 podracing sequence....man was I let down!!! The Washoski(spelling?) bros. were real secretive about what was shown and released on this movie so it shocks me to find out why all the biggest effects shots were all shown on the trailers leaving nothing in the movie to blow the audience away! The first movie felt like the directors kept all of their favorite influences(anime,kung-fu wire work) to minimum so as to not scare away viewers new to this type of filmmaking , but at the same time kept enough to bring in the fans, but on the second flick they just let the fanboy loose which wasn't such a good thing because they fell into the trap of special effects overkill. I just hope the first Matrix movie dosen't end up being a one hit wonder for the brother directors.

p.s. It really hurts me when movies that have tight visual effects
that people put in alot of hours doing ends up not so good. It makes me almost want to cry when I see people in the theaters either laugh or brush the movie off as trash knowing that alot of talented artist put their blood sweat and tears into the final product and then have people not even think about it all because they could care less about the movie. Final Fantasy, SW Episode 1&2 come to mind.

Let's 3D!!!
# 27 16-05-2003 , 02:56 PM

WHAT???

Sorry, made a double postuser added image

Ignore this oneuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 28 16-05-2003 , 03:30 PM
Subscriber
I can see your reason why you don't like it. It's going to be a movie you love or don't like. For me I loved the movie, but the ending I didn't care about cause it moved so fast. I was lost when it was over. And 3rdDimension I disagree with the effects being the same with Matrix 1. The story could of been really good, but for the ending kinda ruined the effect of the movie. They had really good points at the end, but like I said it moved to fast.

Know for my question.

Some one was telling me that the ending of the movie was clips of Matrix 3, is that true?

# 29 16-05-2003 , 03:46 PM

WHAT???

Yup, that was the teaser trailer for Revolutions after the creditsuser added image

Now to my post:
I love ya bud, but when it comes to the Matrix, that's ma weak spotuser added image hehe.

I'm not aimin any of my comments at ya personnally, I've just seen your specific comments made before on other sites, and I thought I would resond to some of them with my personal view.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, as we all may change our views about this whole movie once we see it ALL around Novemberuser added image

It really felt like they just wanted to give the public a special effects movie which is okay as long as it has a solid story to back it up.

Remember, the story has not been told yetuser added image

...alot of people were lost! Not a good sign.

The same thing was said after the first one came out.
They'll watch it again, and then they'll get it.

As for the visual effects, they did a good job, but it felt like they did not push the envelope like they did with the first one.

Gotta agree to that... only to a point though.
Keep in mind, a LOT of these effects were concepted, and achived 4 years ago...
WAY before production on ANY of the movies that these critics are comparing it to were even done.
Doesn't make M2 any better, just innovative.
..some of the other movies, however, HAVE taken these ideas farther than M2 though....

The Twins really let me downuser added image . They were two phat lookn' characters, but after Nightcrawlers opening sequence in X2, the Twins really looked wack!!! They had the power to phase their bodies which was sort of similar to Nightcrawaler teleporting yet their fight sequences was not hot at all!!

You know, I've seen this Nightcrawler vs. the twins comparison all over the web, and I gotta say, there is NO comparison.
They were two separate effects altogether.
Nightcrawler vanished completely, travelling point to point.
The twins just phased, and were able to pass through things in one continious movement/shot.

so it shocks me to find out why all the biggest effects shots were all shown on the trailers leaving nothing in the movie to blow the audience away!

It blew ME away, and that's hard to douser added image hehe...
And about the trailer revealing the best effects, I would have to disagree.
My favorite effects were not even in the trailer.
Like:
-ALL the Neb & ship shots.
-The cg environment of the engineering level of zion.
-The interface in the zion "landing" room.
-And MUCH more that you will notice when we all see it again, and again, and again.... user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 30 16-05-2003 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
I'm gona see it again Saturday can't wait.