Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-01-2007 , 04:17 AM
Subscriber

No "Web Browser" option in Panels

I've been following some Digital Tutors tutorials, which show I should be able to open a web browser through my Panels window, but for some reason that option is not available to me. I have Maya 8, so it should be there, right? Can anyone offer some help?

# 2 24-01-2007 , 05:16 AM
Senior Software Developer
Autodesk removed the Web Browser function in Maya 8. IT only exists in Maya 7 and below. I do not know if it will be in Maya 8.5

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 24-01-2007 , 05:20 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the quick response. I wonder why they removed it, it's so handy when following a tutorial.

# 4 24-01-2007 , 07:02 AM
lol they actually removed an option? maybe they shoulda called it maya 6.9 then (since it was lacking options 7.0 had and didn't really add anything useful)

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 24-01-2007 , 07:31 AM
Senior Software Developer
Can't believe you didnt know Neo...

There was a post on here about it being removed, loadsa guys were shouting how poor it was for them to remove one of the more useful features.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 24-01-2007 , 08:19 AM
eh, i've got 7 and had no plans of moving forward... plus, instead of using the built-in web browser, i have no problems with alt+tab and using firefox user added image

oh and most of the threads about the new versions i don't really read past the first 5 posts or so cause they either go off tangent or become rant sessions... so i don't really find them useful - and therefore, i tend to ignore them.

Accept no substitutions.