Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-03-2014 , 07:34 PM

scale a hdri image?

user added image

I want to scale my HDRI image bigger so that my tire can fit... I can't scale the tire down because it'll eventually mess up the whole scene cuz its so small. I cant find any sulotion to this online, and im thinking i need to create my own HDRI setup in order to be able to set it up, or do some changes in photoshop maybe. do you guys have any clue how i can solve this?

best regards
skalman

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 2 12-03-2014 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
Are you just rendering the background from the hdri in maya - I am sure that's were you are going wrong here if that is the case. In the settings turn visibility off and just render the tire. Then once done working in Maya open up your renders and use the HDRI image as a backplate. I have only ever use the HDRI once for the actual background once (My Robocop 2 project and thats how I did it).