Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-03-2005 , 11:25 AM

Pls Help_ maya stops responding when render in mental ray

Hi Everyone.
Every single time I render a single frame using Mental ray after a few mins maya stops responding.

This happens regardless of what scene, how heavy the mesh, how many lights, wether dmap shadows or raytrace low res or high res.

I assume it might be a hardware problem Im using a P4 2.8gig 1024mb 533 mhz ram. Geforce 5600 PM800 motherboard.

I have searched the net for answers, and read many other forums and stuff but still cant find anything that will help.

Pls pls pls help if you have any idea why this is happening before I pullall my hair out.

thanks in advance.

# 2 18-03-2005 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
dude, i HAD the same exact problem, first of all, make sure that if ur tryin to render something really big with a reflection, and lots of detail, ur gonna have to have a pretty much fast PC for it, minimum 512 mb ram will be the best, a good graphics card, and if u already have that, re-install maya

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 3 20-03-2005 , 03:01 PM
Thank you very much for the reply.

I discovered the problem had nothing to do with the machine or a heavy scene ect, but lay in an anti virus software installed on my machine, it was called bitdefender (winsoft)

Since uninstalling it MR renders fine! user added image
thanx again.