Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-08-2003 , 07:04 PM

un-smooth render view

there anything i can do about the maya 5's render view, it looks like it was put thru a super eagle (emulator smoother) pixel smoother or something, but i just now realized when i save the image it's perfectly smooth, just not when viewed in maya's render view...

anything i can do about that?

# 2 15-08-2003 , 10:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
are you referring to Nurbs smoothness?

# 3 16-08-2003 , 05:07 PM
no, because if i save the file, it looks beautifully smooth, just in the render view it has rough edges (even edges of the squares of a checker board pattern)

i can possibly can screenshot it if you wanna see

# 4 16-08-2003 , 05:09 PM
The default setting for Anti-alaising is set low. In the render globals set it higher. That should smooth your edges.

# 5 17-08-2003 , 01:30 PM
no no no! hit the button marked 1:1 in the render view. What's happening is that you're slightly zoomed in on the pic if you hit the 1:1 button it will set the pic to it's correct size and zoom and it will look just fine and dandy user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB