Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-06-2004 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber

Manipulation/Movement differences

Hi,
I wasn't sure which Forum to post this question, maybe It should be in the Noob section, I will let you decide (If I can explain properly)

One Thing I have noticed while using Maya but only just worked out (I think????) what causes it.

When making say a large model, you build it OK.
And all the "VIEW" [B]movements[B] work nice and you can revolve round your model easily.

I notice that later, when making a smaller object for the scene (Working in same scene) that the 'VIEW' is very hard to control... the rotate View is a Larger orbit etc. as if it has carried on using the "LARGE" model..
I just spent a while in this post asking why/how etc...... but really I don't need to know, just ..........Is there a way to "Transform?" or something to get it back to its 'default' way to move the perspective camera - and then maybe swap back when applying the 'small' object to the 'larger' scene?

It's been a hard one to explain.

Regards Scraggy

# 2 21-06-2004 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
when working on a smaller part - press 'F' to focus on that part and you will revolve/rotate around that

cheers

Rich
# 3 21-06-2004 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
Thanks - That helps a lot.

Scraggy

# 4 28-06-2004 , 05:39 PM
Maybe use the ZOOM (ALT + LMB + MMB)? But I could be wrong on that. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 28-06-2004 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
All sorted thanks.... I made that 'darn' Graveyard scene about 5 times the size required ... DOH! so the 'F' trick worked.

Just need to make a "simple" candle and flame now - But am a bit stuck - In the FX forums if you can help me....

Scraggy