Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-07-2004 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber

modeling webbed feet

Does anyone have the brains to help me on this issue, thanks.
I have designed a character in polygons and in my drawings, I have designed it with webbed feet and webbed hands. At the moment (in 3D), it looks fine with 3 toes and 3 fingers and a thumb, but now I'm not sure that putting the webbed bit in between the toes or fingers is going to help, or make things worse for animating. Also I'm not sure how I would need to model the webbed bit that goes in between the toes and fingers?
I'm thinking of leaving it out altogether, because I'm not sure if I should have modeled the webbed bit first and then the toes from there since it looks like it would now be a real headache trying to extrude all the faces from in between the toes (and the fingers)and somehow join the vertices up. I don't think this is right. Please see attached jpeg
user added image

Attached Images
# 2 27-07-2004 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

modeling webbed feet

Here is a pic of the feet smoothed.

Attached Images
# 3 28-07-2004 , 12:06 PM
Depending on which version of Maya you're running, you might want to check out this mel script:

https://digilander.libero.it/t_reds/s...ript%201.0.zip

If you look at https://digilander.libero.it/t_reds/ you can read up on the script. I've used it before and it works well. Basically what you would do is select the faces of the toes where you would want the web to be, then run the MEL. It will bridge the polygons to each other. Makes it very easy to do stuff like what you were looking for. Shame it wasn't updated more often. user added image

Hope that helps at all.

# 4 28-07-2004 , 02:50 PM
Subscriber
Thanks very much, I'll try it out and see if it helps me solve the problem. Looks like an interesting script. I have a lot of faces on the side of the toes, so matching them up with the other side may be a bit of a challenge when I try to bridge the gap but I can't think of anything else, so hopefully the script will help.

user added image