Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-08-2004 , 06:53 PM

DOOM 3 Graphics **WOW!!!!**

GOOD GAWD!!!

This game is dayum scary!!!!! If you don't have a high-end system....

Get one!!! It is INCREDIBLE!!!! And scary as hell too!!!

-SuperDave71user added image user added image user added image

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 2 03-08-2004 , 07:30 PM
Kevin
looks great sure...

gameplay is pants - to dark - alien / preditor done it years ago but only better

# 3 03-08-2004 , 07:34 PM
The dynamics are incredible!!!!! as well as teh textures and movement of each creature!!!!

-Wow!!!-

SuperDave71

# 4 03-08-2004 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber

DOOOOOM!!!!

Man, this game is absolutely sick... the dynamics, the modelling.. the texturing. The first thing I noticed in the game was, a heating pipe with steam coming out, and distorted waves of gas fumes coming out of it.. I was like damn!

I finished the game last night, I have to say this one will definetly get an award.. as well it totally freaked the hell outta me.. the way they using lighting and sound effects.. every corner.. there's something jumpin out at you. Those are some sick people at ID, for coming together with this game again!

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 5 03-08-2004 , 08:24 PM
I know what you mean.....I thought teh same thing ....WOO HOO I can't wait for DOOM 4 ( Just kidding!!!!!) HAHAHAHAHA

I loved it!!!!

-SuperDave71

# 6 03-08-2004 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
I hope they don't make a Doom 4, this better be the last.. I admit the the graphics were amazing and all that stuff. But the games plot reminded me.. of Half Life & Deus Ex with touch of Resident Evil..

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 7 03-08-2004 , 08:47 PM
Oh yeah!!!! You go everywhere!!!!

-SuperDave71

# 8 09-08-2004 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
The game defiantly kicked ass. The only thing I think should have been better was the multiplayer setup, like it needed CTF and CoOp settings. The replay value is only a one to two. But well worth the time.:rambo:

# 9 09-08-2004 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber
I have to agree with Kev on this matter - graphics do look sweet, but the repetitive spawning of monsters and secret doors opening with people come out of is not very imaginative and after a while very annoying.

Darkness is fine, just if the whole game is dark (I have played about 4-5 hours of it now) it seems a bit of a strange decision.

I know it's a remake of the original doom but the weapons seem very bland.

I think id should stick with multiplayer games and lease the engine t others who make far better single payer games.

cheers

Rich
# 10 11-08-2004 , 07:07 AM
just wait for HL2 user added image.

doom 3 is great from a technical standpoint, but it has that plasticky sheen that has eternally plagued CG, whereas HL2 lacks it. i think it blows you away more right when you see it because that look is associated with prerendered imagery (perfect bump-mapping etc.) and is very technically impressive, but hl2 is implementing little things like skin-shading models and realistic specular highlights on the eyes. now if only it would come out... *grumble*

# 11 14-08-2004 , 02:46 PM
dang... my gf changed the start win tune for one of the screams/noises of it and left the speakers damn high for me to discover...:S

Anyways, i must recognice that it actually suits windows and have left it as she did user added image

the game in itself is smooth... and i enjoyed the original AvP game so user added image...

the farcry engine looked to me like more technicaly advanced? im the only one?

# 12 14-08-2004 , 02:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
I've yet to play Doom3, but have seen it played some. I'm waiting to get a new computer in a couple months. user added image

Far Cry seems to have much of the same visual technologies, but specializes in outdoor, long-range environments as opposed to the hallways of Doom.

# 13 14-08-2004 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
Farcry is way better, doom was a little clumsy or as old as the first game play with the only change of being able to squat down, Carmack is to busy making rockets to spend any time on games, as it shows in game, a rocket launcher or nothing. I do admit that the AI in doom is good but farcry just kicks ass.

# 14 14-08-2004 , 03:49 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
I've yet to play Doom3, but have seen it played some. I'm waiting to get a new computer in a couple months. user added image

Far Cry seems to have much of the same visual technologies, but specializes in outdoor, long-range environments as opposed to the hallways of Doom.

yeah farcry also uses quadtrees for traversing/ocluding and theorically it can render all the indoors with lights and bumps+normals ie it can teorically do the same as doom3 on indoors (plus me believes it has a bigger 2.0shader variety)... it just doesnt looks as artistically snazzy(even with higher polycounts)...

the only thing i wonder about crytek is if it could handle the sheer size of the normal+bump+color+specular maps of doom3 at a decent speed... because they are huge even compressed! (i can feel them moving trough the agp when a new room/enemy not alrready loaded is about to appear... so who said there werent games that would ask for 512Mb of video memory to play at full quality(without 1/4 sec lags while loading)?

R-till: yes lets not forget the groupal ai, and the mp....

The only thing i didnt liked was the mouse sensivity controller... by default it was really f*ked up, i managed to set it so it was bearable, but actually never managed to make it enjoyable like it was from the beginning on ut2004 or sof2...

Last edited by dragonfx; 14-08-2004 at 08:21 PM.
# 15 14-08-2004 , 04:05 PM
I really think Farcry was one of the best games in a long time. It is the first open outdoor game that you loose people in the jungle and not because they when around a perfectly planned corner because that is the limit of the engines distance. You really do sneek through the brush. The water is awsome. It is the first time that I have seen an interaction between the water and the shore.