Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-06-2004 , 02:41 AM

Can't acces items in Help menu

Hi,

I don't know what I did, but when I try to access "Contents and Search" or "Index" or anything on the Help menu that has a local source, I get a message that Maya can't find the page. Does anyone know how to set it so I can see the stuff in the Help menu again?

# 2 28-06-2004 , 05:41 PM
Crap! I know this one. It happened to me and I had to change a file name or something. Since I only ever had to do it once, I can't remember what I did to fix it. I'll figure it out and get back to you on it. :p

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 01-07-2004 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
The same has just happened to me. Any ideas yet?

# 4 06-08-2004 , 02:59 PM
im just going to add my voice to this as well, no matter what i try i can't get help to start up, the service is running but it keeps giving the localhost error.
any help here would be awesome!

zeromachina

.:Humanity is a virus, help find a cure:.
# 5 14-09-2004 , 03:54 PM
well got it working, and its a really small and easy fix. during instillation i had norton firewall say that java was trying to access the internet. this was a java.exe in the mays dir, so i allowed it and volia! after everything was done i had access to my help files again.
so just make sure that your firewall isnt blocking the java app that maya needs.

zeromachina

.:Humanity is a virus, help find a cure:.