Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-10-2004 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber

Oct/Nov - Noob - Big Bad Fat Zombie

I am glad of the idea of this challenge, it will give me some motivation to do another character for my 'Undead gang' project. It will be, as the title says, a big fat zombie. Think like the abobination of Warcraft, of your uncle that never take a shower...

Finding reference material wasnt easy, I finaly had to use fetish pics of fat guys from a newsgroup. Took me a while to heal my sanity after that, trust me, you dont want to do that often...

So here is the body, I have no idea yet for the head.

Once the model will be done, I will put it in a sewer or coming out of a grave, havent chose yet...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-10-2004 , 04:52 AM
Subscriber

Re: Oct/Nov - Noob - Big Bad Fat Zombie

Interesting. Waiting to see this develop.

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 3 08-10-2004 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
<zombie> Mmmmm.... Beeeeer!!! </zombie>

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 4 09-10-2004 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
Sorry for the lack of updates, I am having somekind of computer problem. I just noticed today that the eMac that I am using has a ATI card which is totaly incompatible with Maya (as most ATI card) which explain why it kept freezing.

To make to problem worst, the computers that I am getting to replace it need parts that arent availlable yet. I want a dual opteron board with PCI express card. This thing will be serious overkill for my new job (mainly doing VBA code in excel) but will be a killer for Maya. Now, I just need to switch my maya licence from mac to pc, kinda suck to go back to pc for me but I am about to double my wage doing MS VBA analysis so I cant really complain too much... All this said, I will go back to work on the concept design and will start modeling in a few weeks, hopefull in time for the end of the challenge. I might even buy a 600$ computer while waiting for the 'real one'. Its surprising how Maya can be adictive...

# 5 09-10-2004 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
Here is the concept of the scene. Basicaly, its a Big fat zombie that is digging a hole to put the body of a girl (or man?) in it.

1 - hole
2- leg
3- BFZ
4- lantern
5- pile of rock / dirt

Lightning will be provided by:
1 - the lantern
2 - glowing eyes of the zombie

Other than modeling, my main challenge will be to make the night 'realistic' as in the movie, blueish.

And yes, I cant draw with a tablet...

Attached Thumbnails