Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-02-2005 , 11:58 AM

AGAIN VGA THREAD

Hi!

I'm really weak in graphic cards knowlage so I need your opinion on SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon X800 Pro!
1. Is it worth the money you give?
2. How its working with Maya?
3. Any bugs or so...???
4. Are all the features like vertex, pixel shader, AA, AF usefull only for games or Maya can pull some benefits from it???
If you have any suggestion for other VGA card (maybe cheaper one :-) ) with similar preformance I would love to hear it!

Help, I am struggling with this "museum example graphic card" for almost 4 years!!!

As usuall, sorry for bad, incorrect English!

# 2 24-02-2005 , 02:04 AM
That's a nice card if your willing to shell out that much money. Are they still running about $500? They are excellent cards, however, if you're not much into gaming, I'd recommend a different card, more developed for workstations. However, if you both game and model, that's a great choice. Depends on just how much quality you want. If you're only looking at spending about $200 I would recommend the 9800 Pro or XT (not SE!!!).user added image

# 3 24-02-2005 , 06:28 PM
Thanks alot!

Well I bought 9800 pro and so far I cant tell nothing but that its much better than the old one (wich is logical).
We'll see the results!
The rest of money I'll spend on additional 512 or 1024 MB DDR!
Later maybe a 64bit processor, D500, new car, house...I shoud stop!!!

# 4 25-02-2005 , 05:55 AM
Haha! Glad I could help! If you have any more questions, let me know.user added image