Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-06-2003 , 06:50 PM

Thread Resolved button

It would be really nice if the person who started a thread could mark it "Resolved" when appropriate. That way people doing a search on a topic could see that it was resolved, and thus a good thread to read. Also, people that are just there to help would see the status and know that it was taken care of and not waste their time.

Just a thought.

# 2 27-06-2003 , 07:00 PM
The Maya Mountain
I like that idea.

# 3 27-06-2003 , 11:01 PM
I second that.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 27-06-2003 , 11:34 PM
Kevin
I third that

# 5 27-06-2003 , 11:46 PM
I quadrifold that.

(How the f*ck am I supposed to say it) user added image

# 6 27-06-2003 , 11:48 PM
OK, so who can do it?

# 7 28-06-2003 , 12:10 AM
The Maya Mountain
more than likely going to be a "from now on" thing.

# 8 29-06-2003 , 10:49 AM
SM Tea Boy
Well there are normally more then one way to do something what happens when some one resolves your post but not necessarily in the best possible way, it works so you close the post from then no one can come along and say yes that works but i have a much better way to do it.....

Also most people who ask questions would never get round to marking it resolved.

Besides it makes for no interesting decision on any subject what if 3 or 4 other people wanted to jump in and say thanks i never knew that but what about this......

I've seen this done at a couple of other places it always comes down after a couple of days it's a nice idea in principle but in practice it just doesn't work that well.

Ill put the idea up in the mods forum it might just go up for a trial run, thanks for the suggestion user added image

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"