Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-05-2005 , 10:08 PM

best way to model a character

whats the best way to model a character.
-primitive
-nurbs
-subdivision
i really dont know and if you have a good tutorial that show a way to model a character can you say it to me

i dont speak english very well.

# 2 16-05-2005 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber
Hi there, if you download the cartoon dog free tutorial from this site (Look under "Video Training" >> "Free Tutorials") you will find a good way to model, by using all 3 types. You will need to watch the videos to see how, but its a great tutorial. You can apply the technique to almost anything when you have had a little practice. The steps below is the process used in the vids.

1> Nurbs for basic shapes,
2> Polys for joining and refining parts,
3> Sub D for fine details

Hope this helps user added image

# 3 17-05-2005 , 12:11 AM
thx a lot manuser added image i just download the 2 one and its very nice an i like maya better than ever. i just saw the tutorial but i never see a real guy modeling stg.user added image .but ist good for gog ``CARTOON`` but is it good for realistique people.

anyway thxuser added image

# 4 17-05-2005 , 01:44 AM
You should try one of Kurt's human modeling tutorials...there is a DVD on organic modeling....a cartoony WWII pilot which is awesome...and if you are looking for more realistic there is also the ninja tutorial which is also awesome...and Kurt is really easy to follow...perfect for anybody....the technique he uses is like that dog tutorial you watched parts of (which is also done by Kurt)...except the humans are of course a little more advanced..anyways...good luck...and the tutorials are a very good investment if you are serious about learning or just want to have some fun
good luck
TheAnswerRP03