Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-10-2005 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber

problem with hulls

okay I am going threw a tutorial and it is reshaping hulls. i searched and searched for this answer and could not find anything. I want to go back to regular mode before the hulls . I been saving the image and then opening it again ...I dont see how to do it with some buttons or mouse clicks. I will try to explain ...

i get the nurb and do hulls and adjust them to my liking ...then i want to go on to something else. I cant figure out the keystroke to take all the hulls lines away ? if I am not making sense please let me know ...I have to save the image and then open it back up and it looks like the normal image with no hull lines ....

thanks in advance ...

sorry for the small dumb questions but still trying to learn it all .... and some of the video's just go threw it too quick and i cant find out how they did it lol ..it just magical appears without hulls lol

# 2 12-10-2005 , 03:32 PM
I think i understand what you mean, you want to alter other thing apart from hulls, and change to vertices or just go back to the object mode.

simply answer, right click on the object you are working with, this brings up a list of different editing modes, you can select Vertices, hulls, object mode ect.
That should sort you out if thats what you mean (you have to hold right click down and let go on the mode that you want)

Professional Noob

MSN me
# 3 12-10-2005 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber
yeah that is it but when I am working with hulls and then right click it comes up with select all and then other option..not at home right now to see ...

but in the dvd tutorial he hit one key or two and went right back out of hull mode to work ... looked at dvd over and over to find out what he did

# 4 12-10-2005 , 08:20 PM
Be sure to first click away from the object you are working with, then right click when your mouse is OVER the object.

alternatively, i went to a maya confrence today and they handed out some handy keyboard shortcuts i'm gonna put em up on a new thread, i'll link you to it after i put it up

the way most people do it though is to hold down the right mouse button over the object and you can then select which mode you want to go to, i can't see why its turning out such a problem in your case, maybe somehow you changed the programs setup, try it out again, if it doesn't work i'll tell you how to set maya to its default options/preferences.

Let me know how it goes, good luck

Professional Noob

MSN me
# 5 12-10-2005 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
thank you so much stylish.... i cant wait to see some of the shortcuts too ...will try when i get off work today .

# 6 12-10-2005 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
the F8 key toggles between editing mode and standard object mode

# 7 12-10-2005 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
thank you spike and stylish ..that is exactly what I was looking for ..I mean that was driving me nuts lol ....

also stylish...

that is also the correct way ..I found out I was not putting curor over the object i created and then when i did there was object and I could go right too it

thank you both for all your help

Last edited by mmoore5553; 12-10-2005 at 11:14 PM.
# 8 13-10-2005 , 12:29 PM
no problem at all dude, that would have driven me mental if i didn't know how to do that!

i was watching alot of video tutorials and i thought the tutor had some magic way of selecting vertices and hulls, cos he didn't seem to move the mouse, turns out the frame rate was too slow to see he was selecting things by dragging boxes round them hehehe. i was looking for shortcuts for weeks!

Professional Noob

MSN me