Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-03-2006 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber

Still having manipulator problems (Apache)

Ok. This is weird, at least for someone new to Maya. I chronicled the problem I was having with Apache modelling tut 5, about my manipulator being backwards when I extrude faces at 11:00 min into the video (https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20578). None of the suggested help solved the problem, so I went ahead and did the extrusion anyway, which worked fine, despite the screwy manipulator.

Then, at 11:48 on the tut, K instructs us to pull an edge outward. Selecting the edge, with the move manipulator, suddenly the manipulator is in the correct orientation (see pic). This is very frustrating. I know it has to be something as simple as a tool setting, but . . . I believe I've tried every setting, and nothing fixes it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails