Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-05-2006 , 10:24 PM

Cartoony Robot.

Making a robot, its a red thing, and I dont know if its evil or good yet, as I am doing this just from my mind, not from references(maybe a bad choice...)

I'll keep you posted.

# 2 29-05-2006 , 04:42 PM
Ok, here is a render of the current head. I do not really have any feelings for how it looks so feel free to say C&C's about it that you feel.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 29-05-2006 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
cant really see it good but kinda looks like a power ranger / mortal combat robot ...mask looks like it is from mortal kombat and other part ...power ranger but cant see it clear or whole portion..

good progress so far ..keep it up

# 4 29-05-2006 , 07:33 PM
cool, thanks. I'll try another render from another angle with better lighting so you can see it fully?

And yeah, now that you mention it, he does look like a power ranger... :lmao: that wasnt supposed to happen.

Last edited by bobalie; 29-05-2006 at 07:38 PM.
# 5 29-05-2006 , 08:03 PM
heres another render, with more lighting

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 29-05-2006 , 08:06 PM
Here is another render. Here are the changes
1. changed main colour.
2. added a glow, I think it looks weird but I like it.
3. added a ridge above the (?)eyes.

Tell me what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 29-05-2006 , 08:31 PM
Here is another shot, with the body ( not even close to being done, please say anything that you think will make it improve) and the starting of the arms(tubes, bendy).

What do you think, anyone?

. : edit : . The glow does not look good on the pictures(JPEG's) that I have posted here, it only looks good on my computers rendering. I will remove for future shots.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 30-05-2006 , 05:31 AM
to improve renders, put a ground plane under it and use some final gather. don't save as jpg, since that is a lossy format. It is also better if you remove all that black space around the image, I don't think anybody cares about that user added image still, it's looking nice, It'll be interesting to see how it comes along.

# 9 31-05-2006 , 02:39 PM
Ok thanks Radical Edward, I will use the "final gather"(what does that mean?) on a plane. Should I make the plane also very reflective?
thanks for the comments
bobalie

# 10 03-06-2006 , 02:43 AM
I have just been away for a while and I am now coming back to Maya...
*sigh*
Exams! another blockade to my modelling time. Oh well, I will post sometime today or tomorrow again.

# 11 04-06-2006 , 06:39 PM
Ok, I can come back now and work on my robot. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how the hands should look? The feet? Should he have a tail or what? Please say any suggestions you have.

thanks, bobalie