Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-06-2006 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber

Reference Image is wacked

Please forgive my nebish ways (and crappy spelling) but I am getting very frustrated and have no idea how to fix it.

I breifly looked thru the forums and didnt really find this problem. i found a similar issue with a hellicopter pic but i think that this is more sever.

I am attempting to create a plane and use it as a reference image. I create a new lambert, select the file as a color, import the image and click and drag the new lambert from the hypershader window and when i do, i get a crooked image. it is very difficult to model this way.

Ill use this pic of Robocop as an example.

I was thinkin about modeling his head but after importing the image............:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ill try and post the image but if it doesn't post, here is a link: https://www.chirp.org/badrobo.jpg

Please, any help would be appreciated. Im running XP Pro, 1gig-o-ram, Nvidia 6800 - im currently downloading the latest drivers.

Thanks,
Micah

user added image

# 2 21-06-2006 , 02:42 AM
There are quite a few threads on this...im not sure what exactly it is, but I think you need the latest drivers and the latest maya edition...

# 3 22-06-2006 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
yep. that fixed it. thx!

# 4 22-06-2006 , 06:52 PM
Subscriber
this type of thread comes up every other month.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!