Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-11-2002 , 09:41 AM

Your view on graphic tablets.

Seeing as I’m new the 3d scene and I only started working with Photoshop in the passed year, as I never was a great sketcher or free hand drawer (but I’ve been improving, phew) I was just wondering how many of you guys actually use graphic tablets, and do you think these are a necessity or a luxury in the 3d modeling/graphics hobby.

Also if you use one and advise it then please post a link etc so I know where to go if I decide to buy one.

Thanks in advance.

/Maz

# 2 13-11-2002 , 10:01 AM
I have an Wacom Intuos2 A5 graphics tablet and it sure is a fantastic tool. Not just for sketching, texturing and image manipulation but also it's great in Maya for sculpting, paint effects and artisan.

Here's a link to the product I have: https://wacom-europe.com/uk/products/.../intuos_a5.asp

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 13-11-2002 , 10:03 AM
Excellent, do you think size really matters with the graphics tablet, or is it just as easy using an A5 as it an A4 say?

Thanks.

/Marty

# 4 13-11-2002 , 10:23 AM
This is the only tablet I've used so I can't really say. For me the A5 is just fine. Big enough and still fits on my desk user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 5 13-11-2002 , 10:27 AM
Yeah, less space it takes up is allways better user added image

Thanks k-brown.

Btw, had a peep at your site, some excellent stuff on there user added image

/Maz

# 6 13-11-2002 , 10:31 AM
Thanks, appreciate it!

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 7 13-11-2002 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber
the size does not matter. even the smaller (a6) works well, at least for me as i am to lazy to lift my hand while working. but be warned, it is addicting - be prepared to dump your mouse after some hours working with pen. and another advice, dont go hunt for cheap sh!t. i once had a cheap one there the pen had a cable (yucc) - and i changed back to mouse. and i seen a 9" by 11" for EUR 99, and i thought, woah - but then i seen it needs batteries in pen and mouse user added image so i spend the money in the graphire 2. and hey, it works. never used my old mouse again. so hunt down wacom and ignore all the others ...

# 8 13-11-2002 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
I have the smallest Wacom Tablet, which is the cheapest one.
This tablet has half the accuracy compared to Kbrown's, but I manage, but I also dont know what I'm missing.

Great for sufing the web and I use it when I model in maya.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 9 15-11-2002 , 03:38 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, looks like im going for the Wacom Intuos 2 A6, glad that size doesnt matter a whole deal cos they do jump a bit in price, user added image

Thanks.

/Maz