Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-08-2006 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber

Critique My feet Please!

Hey Guys,
I've been working on this feet and I need some critique. Right now to me it looks "ok", but I'm sure I'm not seeing something like a lot of you guys can see that are wrong or missing. So Please critique. user added image

# 2 23-08-2006 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
Oops, I'm senile, I keep forgetting to attach.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 23-08-2006 , 08:46 PM
Looks good, any chance of a wire frame?

# 4 23-08-2006 , 08:56 PM
Subscriber
Sure thing, here you go.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 23-08-2006 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber
looks good so far! Keep it up. I want to see more updates from your feet. hehe

:attn:

# 6 23-08-2006 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber
i think the tose are bit wide of each other
and they seem a little thin to me

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 7 23-08-2006 , 11:13 PM
looking at my own feet, my toes kinda curl onto each other... but at the same time that could be cause i happen to be too poor to afford shoes that fit (user added image). looking at toe lengths they seem accurate, and looking at the wireframe i don't see any problems with topology. why don't you smooth it out just for us and make us feel privy? user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 23-08-2006 , 11:25 PM
Nice going!

Like the nice clean mesh you've made.

Now, wheres the rest of the body to go with em??????

LOL

# 9 23-08-2006 , 11:34 PM
oh and btw gster is just jealous cause his toes aren't great like ours are...

either that or he's got some great modeling factoid to share with us, cause what would a foot related post be without the GSTER!?!?! (totally making that up, but hey makes ya sound like an expert, eh, g? user added image)

Accept no substitutions.
# 10 23-08-2006 , 11:36 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mesh is good.

Feet vary alot, believe me, as I've had some strange responses to my models of feet but the one thing that needs doing right now is as NeoStrider said curl the toes inwards. Doing this will also reduce the space between each toe, which Redmer has pointed out too

Again, the amount of curling will depend on the references you have, I used my wifes as reference, she has pretty straight toes compared to alot of others Ive seen, but the little toe is the one that curls mostly.

Cheers
Jay

# 11 23-08-2006 , 11:46 PM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
oh and btw gster is just jealous cause his toes aren't great like ours are...

either that or he's got some great modeling factoid to share with us, cause what would a foot related post be without the GSTER!?!?! (totally making that up, but hey makes ya sound like an expert, eh, g? user added image)

Ha ha ha!!

I wasnt going to add anything other than what already was said.

So better to remain silent on a topic and be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

# 12 23-08-2006 , 11:50 PM
which is even better if you're still at uni, you can tell the ladies that you need to see their feet for a modeling reference... (if they don't buy that tell them you're an illustration major looking for sketching for a prospective shoe conglomerate) and if that doesn't work, go to a party with lots of friends and just take pictures no matter what you need, cause eventually you'll find something that will fit your needs... be it feet in sandals, feet in high-heels, bare feet, etc. you'll need to see how the muscles in the feet react to their stimuli either way user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 13 23-08-2006 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber
lol crazy conversation going on there about feet.

Anyhow, I widened the toes, curled the small ones, curled the small one a lot, added toe nails. I'll take a shot of the low poly too, it looks really wierd. I'm not sure how to make it look nice w/out all the extra loops. And aside from the toes, anything I can do with the feet itself and the ankle upwards?

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 24-08-2006 , 12:02 AM
Subscriber
Here's the body for the feet. user added image
I'm not really working on it right now until I'm satisfied with the feet, but I wouldn't mind critiques on it also for future references. user added image

I'lll be working on the hands next. After I attach them, I'll put some work into the arms and legs etc. I'm still trying to learn the anatomies soooo critiques are really appreciated. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 24-08-2006 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
Bottom of the feet.

Anyhow, Thanks guys. Time for bed now user added image

Attached Thumbnails