Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-09-2006 , 08:36 AM

extrude face along path...

... in Maya 7.... I am trying to get a face to extrude along a path... I have had a teacher show me how to do it, and the video tutorial that explained it... for some reason it just doesn't do ANYTHING!!!! The face extrudes but doesn't move anywhere, let alone along the path. Does anyone know if there is some setting I accidently turned off or on? I tried to reset my settings for preferences, faces, and polygons...I can't think of what else to do!!!

Please help!!! This is for a final project that is due soon!!:headbang:

Attached Images

~ambriel
reporter: www.ianstorm.com
# 2 05-09-2006 , 05:00 PM
So you select the face, then shift select the path. Go to extrude face options, click on "at path" and hit okay...it should work from there.

If not, open the extrude face options, reset the settings, and then try again.

# 3 05-09-2006 , 08:01 PM
I have done both of those things, still not working... Are there any other settings I might need to reset? I did the face options, poly options, and preferences...besides reinstalling maya, I don't know what to do.

user added image

~ambriel
reporter: www.ianstorm.com