Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-09-2006 , 03:07 PM

looking for guidence

i have been working my way through a tutorial i found on the net called "patch modeling a face" i have lofted surfaces off CV Curves to form the mouth and eyes and am now trying to conect the curves to the surfaces so that i can move on ... unfortunatly the tut' is so vague at this point that NOTHING I TRY IS WORKING can any one give me some guidence here this technique seems like it would suit me but after 4 restarts i am getting a little impatiant:headbang: i have attatched snap shot for ref.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-09-2006 , 04:00 AM
Subscriber
The obvious solution is to take what you already have, add a few more isoparms, and convert the NURBS to Polys. Every book I have on the subject of head modelling uses this method.

Patch modelling has always been something of a "black art" to me; poly/sub-division modelling is SO much easier!

BTW your eyes/mouth look good so far!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 30-09-2006 , 03:21 PM
the little bit that i have tryed scared me in that my mesh got very hard to manage very quikly i was also haveing dificulty because i had assumed to start from a sphere and this was not pulling into the shapes that i wanted in the end the isoparms were going the wrong way creating strangness. so i was looking for for a way to build the mesh from scratch as it were ... i have since found a few tut's so will work thru them and see where i get there ... hum MAYA MAYA MAYA