Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-11-2006 , 12:16 PM

Rendering stills

Hi, i have a little problem. Everytime i want to render a still i get this: Warning: Render resolution can't be less than 4x4.

I tried changing the resolution but it still wouldn`t work. Does
anyone know how to fix this?

And one more thing. What kind of comp, graphics card and main board do you recommend to me so that maya 7 would work as good as it should.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Cool-R; 27-11-2006 at 12:41 PM.
# 2 27-11-2006 , 02:54 PM
Dunno why your getting that mesaage, is it crashing at all or do you still get the full render? If so I wouldent really worry about it.

as for your PC, have a look on autodesk's site, they have compatability charts for Maya. Also this month in 3D world they have a motherborad for grapgics workstations test.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-11-2006 , 03:14 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. i only had to change some settings in the render settings window. I still have to save the scene every time i want to render it but at least it works.