Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-11-2006 , 05:28 AM

how to "scatter" leafs

hi,

i have already mad a tree with branches and a eaf. First i started to duplicate the leaf and do the positioning per hand. After 10 minutes i realized that this would cost weeks because the tree needs a lot of leafes. Has anyone an idea how i can "scatter" the leafes on the branches/tree.

thx

e-anima

# 2 16-11-2006 , 12:01 PM
i think what i would do is create a branch with leaves on it, group it, and then duplicate the group (so the leaves are already placed on a branch) and then just position the branches instead... but start out small. create a branch with like 10 or so leaves or so on it, duplicate that branch a few times, and stick them on a larger branch... THEN take that new branch and duplicate that a few times, and stick those on an even larger branch... then take that branch and duplicate them and stick them on your tree.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 18-11-2006 , 07:11 AM
doesn´t look good with blossoms. Isn´t there a way to do this with particles? i know how to handle them but i dont know how to replace the points with my blossom.

# 4 20-11-2006 , 08:13 AM
You could emitt particles fron the surface of the branches, and instance the geometry of the leaf to the particle

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 20-11-2006 , 01:36 PM
thank you gster123