Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-03-2007 , 04:12 AM
Subscriber

Wacom Cintiq

https://www.wacom.com/cintiq/index.cfm

Have you guys ever used one of these before or played with it somewhere? I'm just wondering how good the resolution/color is on this thing compared to my NEC MultiSync FE2111 sb which can't be drawn on. user added image

I was thinking of finding a used one and play with it instead of a small lap wacom pad. Any comments? user added image

# 2 28-03-2007 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
Even a used Cintiq is going to set you back around £1500GBP which is a lot of money to fork out for something to play with, they are pretty neat though!

Unless you particularly need a Cintiq or have the money to spare, I would probably suggest saving a bunch of cash and upgrading to a TFT monitor (£200-£400) reclaiming the hectaire of desk space that your 22" CRT is consuming and get a normal wacom which will sit nicely in your newly acquired desk space, spending £150-£300 will get you something more than adequate.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 3 28-03-2007 , 06:26 AM
Never used one, but I did see an article of someone using a tablet laptop to sculpt in Z brush, think the guy said that it was very interactive and a good experiance!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 28-03-2007 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
yeah i saw the same video. It looked awesome. I don't know, I might just get one when I get money. The tablet is kind of annoying to use. either way though, I have to get one or the other and listen to matt and get the TFT instead. Might need a new desk too though haha....