Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-04-2007 , 08:51 AM

Dark areas

In some areas of my model, it's dark when I move the camera. I've tried reversing normals, but it doesn't work. Also tried smoothing the dark areas, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

# 2 18-04-2007 , 09:21 AM
can you post a screen shot? without seeing what's wrong it's difficult to offer advice.

if it is the normals, you could also try setting the normals to face. Or it may be that you have faces sitting on top of one another - in which case you could try clean up.

hope this helps

# 3 18-04-2007 , 10:45 AM
Subscriber
arron, I have had this faces on top of each other, is there a quicker way to clean them than manually, individually??

sorry to highjack the thread.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 18-04-2007 , 10:48 AM
yeah - just go to clean up - i think it's under polygons - or edit polygons - sorry my pc is down at the moment and i can't check - basically you just select the options that you want to clean up - say faces with zero space - and it will clean up your model.

# 5 18-04-2007 , 10:57 AM
Subscriber
that was quick, nice to know, thanks mate user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 18-04-2007 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
select the faces and go to normals->soften edge. this should do it.

BadG3r