Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 24-05-2007 , 03:55 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I think you are taking my comment(s) the wrong way, only wanted to help.
At the part that i say that you should look at other peoples work, only meant that you can learn from their mistakes and the things they are doing right.
But following a book to the letter is much saver of course.
And with this part: "Topology is exact because I only do what the book says. I thought it would be helpfull to others to see a full character model from a proper source evolve, but if I can't post without either having a finished piece or listing to someone tell me not to follow the book then really no one will learn."you are presuming to much.

And teachers aren't always right (or wrong for that matter).
And this is the last thing i will say to you, because everytime i comment i'm being verbally/personally attacked ,furthermore i could'nt care less how your model evolves, if i want to see the end result i will buy the book

good luck with "your"model, however

and vladimirjp can i have some popcorn toouser added image ?

# 17 24-05-2007 , 10:48 AM
I'm not trying to attack you. Text is so impersonal, any excited conversation usually seems much worse. I should have said your right but I will continue to follow the text as is. That would have been much more clear and polite. I think I need leasons in bored etiquite (spelling?) rather I just had one. My apologies for attacking you my friend, it was not intentional. Sculpt smooth flood worked like a charm by the way, thanks.
***edit***
Is the popcorn buttery?

# 18 24-05-2007 , 12:12 PM
Aww blasted nice people, this forum need some violance! user added image

# 19 24-05-2007 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
yea, lets start some e-violence.

i love e-beefing.

# 20 25-05-2007 , 04:35 AM
count me in! :attn: lets get ready to rumble user added image

press any key - d'oh where's the any key?
# 21 25-05-2007 , 04:45 AM
Subscriber
hahahha too funny .

# 22 05-06-2007 , 10:33 AM
I've smoothed the bust and placed it into lighting. I'll be replacing the eyes soon. However thats it for this project. Finals and due dates are calling.

***Edit***
By the way maston, there aren't many ways to make a lowpoly mesh's edge loops flow. To use a patern from a tutorial is not to take their mesh. Meshs are too simaler for that kind of distinction. Its not plagerism like you implied. Come to think of it that was a pretty much a "personal attack." but hey no one's being defense. I'm just being offensive ...again. fcuk me, eh?

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by wokendreams; 05-06-2007 at 10:55 AM.
# 23 05-06-2007 , 01:53 PM
"Meshs are too simaler for that kind of distinction. Its not plagerism like you implied"

I got to agree with you there Wokendreams, I was to lazy to read through Mastones whole argument but saying that you cant copy a topology is like saying you have to reinvent the wheel everytime, ofcourse you should try to improve it but ofcourse it is not wrong to copy and learn from it.

# 24 05-06-2007 , 02:50 PM
I dont think that any one mentioned anything about plagerism, Mastone, to me was just saying that in some cases it might be better to look at other solutions rarther than going down a singular route, Wokendreams was saying that he wanted to follow the book to the letter, fine by me on both sides, just got a bit out of hand is all.

Woken, chill mate, looks like its sorted, now lets get back to pushing some verts

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 25 05-06-2007 , 06:54 PM
...eh?...is it over already? oh well - vlad - you're an ugly ****er! user added image

nice model by the way - looking forward to seeing the next one.