Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-06-2007 , 02:08 AM

Dodgy Clouds

Heyo... as u can see here im making a biodome type thingy.. its a sphere of volume fog with blobby particle clouds.. rendered with mental ray...the problem being ive got that funny outline around the clouds when i render them with the volume fog

[IMG]https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/bigcoolme21/LATEST.jpg
[/IMG]

Any thoughts?

On another note... this is taking ages to render and ive never looked into baking, any tips on that? Is there a way to bake the trees (particle instanced pairs of nurb planes)..this is for college and i have little time for extra render passes etc.

Thanks

# 2 05-06-2007 , 02:28 AM
I'm not knowlegeable enough yet to offer you any tips realated to your questions but I just wanted say that I really like your scene. I think it's a great concept. I've never used fog or done and clouds but the visual of your scene is eye catching for me. I just want to keep looking at it, hehe.

The only things I'm not very fond of are the two wood looking structures at the bottom left. My amature opinion is that they don't look realistic as the rest of your scene. Perhaps they stand out too much or maybe the shadow is too sharp, I don't know. Are those tunnels of some sort?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 05-06-2007 , 02:57 AM
Thanks alot =)

Those woody things turn so they can dip in+out of th water... never really figured what theyre for, mayb to adjust -something- levels in th sea.. ur right tho they do stand out, im gna put big supports into that green wall+make it muddy instead

the whole things in a dome in space aswel... ill postit nextime...

once ive sorted the clouds...

# 4 08-06-2007 , 02:01 PM
HURRAH!!! got it sorted. I put a particle very far away in all directions so its group bounding box doesnt intersect th fog.... its always the simplest answer =)

Ill postit in a few mins