Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-07-2007 , 01:38 PM

Audi TT

Guess I'm scrapping the Mazda. So I started on this Audi.

Front Wire

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 05-07-2007 , 06:03 PM
Looks good, but try to keep poly distribution a bit better, it seems to me that you have some parts a lot more heavy than the others. It may give you some problems later on when smoothing.

# 3 05-07-2007 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
yea just what Scionic said. Its lookin like a way better start then ur mazda. Make sure u get ur hoot and bumper looking good before you move on because it will help ur poly plow stay better looking and more evenly spread.

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 4 06-07-2007 , 04:51 AM
Cheers Scionic & 99Gs Turbo.
It was pretty late last night and I guess I wasn't paying attention or something. I cleaned up the mesh though.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 5 06-07-2007 , 04:52 AM
Another angle.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 06-07-2007 , 04:53 AM
Subscriber
the mesh is lookin a lot cleaner. when can we see a smoothed version

Toyota Supra WIP

# 7 06-07-2007 , 05:19 AM
Smooth wires by popular demand lol.
I lost Photoshop, so I'm using paint to crop these. user added image
This makes photoshop sound really good right now.

Smooth 1

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 06-07-2007 , 05:20 AM
Smooth 2

Attached Thumbnails

# 9 06-07-2007 , 05:22 AM
Smooth 3 w/ inverted color. Really brings out the topology huh?
Oops file too big. Gimme a minute.

# 10 06-07-2007 , 05:23 AM
Ok.
The inverted colors really increased the file size, so I had to resize this one.

Attached Images

# 11 06-07-2007 , 05:33 AM
Subscriber
opps i mean can i see it without the wire so I can see if theres any pinching or bumps that we can help guide u through

Toyota Supra WIP

# 12 06-07-2007 , 05:39 AM
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 13 07-07-2007 , 04:34 AM
Did a little more work on the Audi. I'm starting to get the hang of this. I haven't done any details yet.

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 07-07-2007 , 04:36 AM

smoothing problem

When I smoothed the mesh, I ended up with these dark edges and I don't know why. The pols are all hard, so I don't know whats goin on.

# 15 07-07-2007 , 04:38 AM
:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails