Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-08-2007 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber

Warrior

This is the end result of a big WIP.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-08-2007 , 12:05 PM
Nice job minstrel - this is looking very cool! Any chance we can see the full figure?

There's just one thing that bothers me - I think it's the angle of the eyes - they should be angled out from the center 10 - 15 degrees (i think) - at the moment it looks like you have them dead on and so he's looking a little crosseyed. user added image

# 3 14-08-2007 , 01:26 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Nice job indeed, but i'm gonna bust your balls anyhow:lmao:
He will be more alive if you rotate the eyes a little bit and maybe use a blendshape to give him a bit of an expression.
The eyes have a bit of a texture look, try to create a glossy eyeball if you now what i mean.
Maybe you can use a backgroundimage to spice it up a little, play with the lighting etcetera.
So back to the drawing board you:rant: LOL

# 4 14-08-2007 , 02:06 AM
Looks good man, nice work!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 14-08-2007 , 03:21 AM
Acid44
thats friggin awesome nice work manuser added image :bow: :bow:

# 6 16-08-2007 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber
Thank you all for the comments. Arran, I did not texture the body beyond what you saw in the WIP. I am sure I could make it look a lot nicer now that I have learned a few things.

I might redo the eyes some more as it was suggested, and I might add fur to the eye brows instead of the paint. There is a bit of translucence on the eye to reproduce some SSS, but I want to try a different approach with the inner ball using the SSS shader and the outer ball for reflection/spec. I tried that before using a transpareny map and using the mix20 shader to get both the nice reflections and the SSS on just 1 ball, but it was not working well for some reason. I am sure it will look better if I just created two balls in there. Anyways, I'll get to it one of these days.

# 7 26-08-2007 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
Stunning altogether though i love the hair alot!

# 8 31-08-2007 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
Re-did the eyes, and where they point to. Thats it, no more tweaking user added image

Attached Thumbnails