Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-09-2007 , 09:06 AM

bleeding edge ATI budget boards

This is a honing down of my previous post. Still bearing in mind my preference for Maya and my desire to play games on the same machine.

Thanks for the previous input. I have decided to go for ATi as my preference at the 'budget' price range.

So for US $699.99 (approximately £343.32) we have these contenders:

HIS - ATi Radeon HD 2900XT 1GB GDDR4 OpenGL 2, xfire compatible.
(1GB wow!)

OR

ATi FireGL V5600 512MB OpenGL 2.1

So the pro board has half the RAM but a dedicated driver structure.

ultra n00b, doesnt know ANYTHING, pls be patient while I learn
# 2 27-09-2007 , 11:01 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I would go for the first one because i heard that there are softmods available for those cards which are a sort of drivers which unlocks certain restrictions and makes your card behave like a fire GL card.

# 3 27-09-2007 , 11:49 AM
Oooo supurb, tell me more....

# 4 27-09-2007 , 06:45 PM
ahhh. I found this <thread> for anyone else reading... its a long discussion on ati gamer vs. pro boards and mentions soft modding a lot.