Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-11-2007 , 01:19 PM

cloth effect without ncloth

Hi I´m working on an animation project for my studies. Unfortunately we are not allowed to use the ncloth plugin for it.
I´try to make a short animation in which bart simpson performs a skateboard run. In the first scene bart simpson should start the skateboard run at the springfield elementary school. Unfortunately I didn´t manage to give the Flag a realistic shape.

Does anyone of you guys has an idea how I could fix this problem. I just have expierence for a few weeks with maya.

Thanks a lot

Tobsen

Here ist a render view of the scene

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-11-2007 , 01:30 PM
Subscriber
You will need to make it a soft body, and look into soft body springs, unfortunately I am a little too swamped at mo to describe the whole process as can be quite long winded, but if you Google a search for soft bodies in maya, in fact there are probably plenty of tuts out telling you how to this way anyway, thats all I can recommend I'm afraid.

Chris

# 3 25-11-2007 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber
don't know how to help you, but the stars on the flag should be the part towards the flag pole

# 4 25-11-2007 , 04:10 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hmm, if i were going to do something like this (and not being able to use the Ncloth:angery: ) i would probably model the flag in SubDs and use a wave deformer to animate it.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 26-11-2007 , 12:58 PM
Thank you guys.

I decide to combine the wave deformer with the soft body. And it works ....

@Rhetoric Camel: Shit I forgot to flip the UV´s.