Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-12-2002 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber

new to maya .. need guidance..

hi .. i'm new to maya .. and i jus dont know where to start .. i'm intersted in learning nurbs/polymodeling .. but i dont know where to start. is there any tutorials u guys can recommend for me. or jus some place to start .. i read up about nurbs and polys .. so i know wat isopharms and hulls and cvs .. and faces , edges .. and all a that stuff .. i know what they are.. jus dont know techniques .. need to see how its done so i can try it and learn from it ..

thank you ..

merry X-mas user added image
user added image

# 2 20-12-2002 , 04:27 AM
There are several ways you can start working with Maya. The first and simplest way is to open the Maya help files (F1 on your keyboard) and go through the Using Maya tutorials. There should be more than enough information there to get you started. From there, you can do the free tutorials on this site (which are very good), buy a couple of books on Maya (do a search for "best Maya books" on these forums), or look for other free tutorials on the web (also covered in another thread on these boards). There are a lot of resources available.

Best of luck!

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 20-12-2002 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
I suggest you download "Learning Maya 2.5" which is PDF copy of the book for version 2/2.5 but most of the stuff is applicable for 4.5 and it has great tutorilals.

The link:

https://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/VR/RELN...ingMaya2_5.pdf

satisfaction guaranteed !

:banana: :banana:

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 4 20-12-2002 , 04:03 PM

where's the lesson?

That pdf is just the addenum. There's no actual lesson.
Just thought I'd let ya know.

# 5 20-12-2002 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com

Last edited by nirsul; 20-12-2002 at 05:51 PM.
# 6 22-12-2002 , 11:40 PM
This board has some great tutorials and the best part of it is that you can question the maker of the tut if you have trouble.....and all of us for that matter.

Hey what can I say.....SM simplyrocks!!!!user added image

# 7 24-12-2002 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber

CPS tools

for poly modeling .. does everyone here use CPS tools or jus the regular maya tools .. ?
which way should i go ..

# 8 24-12-2002 , 01:39 AM
I would start with regular maya tools....and once mastered move onto something more creative user added image

# 9 24-12-2002 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber

wats the easiest way..

wats the easiest way to go about rounding out a head.. when working from reference..and polygon modeling with jus the basic maya tools ... is there a tutorial that can show how to get the shape of the skull .. cause my skulls always look outashape .. i'm only useing front/side reference..