Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 31-12-2002 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber
Microsoft has their big guns. They always win.

# 17 31-12-2002 , 03:02 PM
SM Alumni
I wouldnt worry too much about people downloading your vid and claiming it as their own work. What can they gain and what can you lose?
Stick a watermark on it, and hope most people enjoy looking at and get somthing out of your work!
As far as the scene file goes if youre that bothered about it then dont make it available.
I can sort of see your point about months of work etc, but do you think this place (and many others) would develop like it has if we didnt share our ideas and work?
dont want to sound like I'm preaching.. just offering a different perspective user added image

# 18 01-01-2003 , 10:59 PM
Just so you know, this is a very small industry -- like 2 degrees of separation. Anyone who is working in the field knows better than to steal someone else's work. Doing that would black-list them forever. If someone does steal your work, it's only doing them harm. Sooner or later, you'll hear about it and you can prove that person wrong.

It's happened to me before. Someone put one of my old pieces in their portfolio and claimed it as his own work. I found out about it through one of the guy's co-workers who had somehow seen the piece before. The co-worker did some searching online and found that particular piece in my web gallery. He emailed me about the situation and asked if I could provide proof that I am the original artist. I did, and the guy who stole my work got fired on the spot.

As Kal said, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job