Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-01-2009 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber

Ball

haven't had a go on maya for ages due to lack of spare time, but i finally got some spare time so i thought i model something... and i came up with a ball!
thought i might as well put it up on here seeing as i havent done so for such a long time

merry new year!!!

Attached Thumbnails

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 2 06-01-2009 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
Cool looks nice, but a bit flat(texture wise, not ball wise lol), try making a bump map for it, would add a heap of realism to it as I'm sure your aware rugby ball's have little bobles on them for grip.

Chris

# 3 06-01-2009 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
cheers chris, it actually does have a bump map with exactly that although i was wondering whether to put it up a notch... i guessed you answered my question already! and as for the mud, is there a way of exporting a bump map? as i fasioned this one out of a standard maya texture

# 4 06-01-2009 , 03:29 PM
You can bake the procedural texture into a file and then edit that in PS or whatever you need/want to do with it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 07-01-2009 , 01:10 AM
Subscriber
you couldn't tell me how to go about that if you wouldn't mind gster!!
appreciate it!
cheers mate