Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-01-2009 , 06:24 AM

Need Help, Dynamic effects,

hi guys,
I need help, I made an cv curve . applied maya dynamic curve flow effects, it is look great, all particles(emits) goes(flow) somooth true the curve, but I need replacement the particles with the text, so the text flow along the curve, I can do it with only one text, but now I have the poem/lyrics. so I need help how to do the 50-60 amount of the text as particles insancer(replacement).

if you know something say something please, any link/tutorials . welcome

please check the image and get what I really mean,
thanks guys

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-01-2009 , 07:57 AM
Subscriber
are you trying to get it to flow character by character?

tbh, i think doing it your way might not be the best way to go

what i would do is just attached the characters to the curve as a motion curve and play with the keyframes in the trax editor (i think its the trax editor... the one that lets you fine tune your keyframes)

more likely than not you'll need to write yourself a command to attach them all and adjust the start and end keyframe, so you aren't manually doing everything and taking days for something that you could do in an hour or so...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 22-01-2009 , 10:49 AM
hi, thank for replay,
I want to attach the text(words) every words to one emit, so when the emit flow on curve the text follows, so sort of animation, attach the text to curve(motion patch) it is not going to works. it is good for one object, but I got 50 object.
I tried with instancer replacement, it is going replace only first text to all the particles, the animation looks perfect, but all the same text
any idee?

I dont have experience with command or script