Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-03-2009 , 02:50 PM
Subscriber

Scraggle Character

Hi guys,
I got another cartoon character for my animated story.
It' s actually a low poly character at around 2000 polygons
(since my system cannot handle dense meshes). Moreover, these guys travel in packs of 100 so a low poly count is favourable.
Their role is to destroy one of the main characters and they'll stop at nothing until they do.
Kingdom Hearts' "Heartless" was a big inspiration for the character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igioT...e=channel_page
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by RockyMills_01; 17-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.
# 2 08-03-2009 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
i was gonna say "HEY ITS A HEARTLESS!!"

that looks mightily awesome!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 09-03-2009 , 06:42 PM
nice job - i like him - looks like your texture is messed up on the base tho - you might want to planar map that. user added image

# 4 09-03-2009 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys. :attn:
I hope I don't get into too much trouble having a character that resembles a heartless. but a character like that would be perfect for the role.
@ arran - I know the texture on the base is not naturally correct but visually speaking, it does add interest.

I am also working on a poster where the Scraggle is chasing the main character. I'll post it when I am finished.