Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-04-2009 , 03:39 PM

How to merge these objects?

Hello, I have gotten a file from a third party group, and I am not sure what kind of components the model is build up from, but I want to merge the objects together so I can load it into Avid 3D, but I cant seem to use the standard Merge option, I guess its made out of NURBS surfaces, but they are not connected to each other.

Can anyone tell me how to merge these components to a model without any holes and stuff?

Here is a picture so you can have a closer look at the model:

user added image

UPDATE: Oh Appearantly I can't export Nurbs surfaces to OBJ, since it is skipping NURBS surfaces when I try to export it, so do I need to change the NURBS into polygons? and how to link them if so?

Last edited by Stannoman; 25-04-2009 at 03:52 PM.
# 2 25-04-2009 , 04:28 PM
You can convert nurbs to polys, have a look in the help file for some info

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-04-2009 , 01:22 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.