Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-09-2009 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber

Z_play

A quick play I had this morning.Got me a little more experience just using standard and pinch brushes, adjusting brush sizes, focal shift, using mask, and the transpose tool. Started from just a rectangular L shape from maya, so kinda pleased with it on that front, though its obviously not great by most standards.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-09-2009 , 07:43 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
not bad for a first try
needs a lot of work still though
It looks to undefined at the moment

# 3 07-09-2009 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
undefined? It's not really for anything. I got hold of a tutorial the other day from Gnomon, the guy was making a soldier for a game. I was quite surprised how he was taking the most basic shapes out of maya and making them into finished products. I hadnt really seen that method before. I mean, i know the idea is to add detail, but if i was going to make a boot in z brush, I would spend alot more time making something that more resembled a boot in maya first. But this way was literally just a square L shape. I find the pinch brush difficult to get right. But I was pleased with some of the creases. His had a seperate sole which made the bottom of the boot look better. Just got a little more comfortable with working in z brush, rotating and moving, using the alt/shift/cntrl key more comfortably...intuitively. baby steps

# 4 16-09-2009 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
another little sesh. This time starting with z-spheres. Think I got some more definition in some of the detail. I will work more on this aswell.

Attached Thumbnails