SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Animation / Animation / animated particle mixer
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 23-01-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
tommi

Default animated particle mixer

Hi to you all,

Im to animate some kind of mixer. But now it seems Im stuck up.

Ive got a scene with the mixer (image) and 2 emitters emitting through the gaps on top of the mesh. The particles are particle-spheres bound to a gravity and an intercollision field. They are colliding with all of the geometry in the scene. I want the particles to be mixed and I want them to leave the mixer as orange particles. Ive thought about a ramp coloring the spheres from red (yellow) at the beginnig to orange at the end of the mixer. But I cant figure out how to apply a ramp to the particles not over their livespan but over the distance. Second problem is that the particles of emitter 1 only collide with particles of the same one, but not with the ones from emitter 2. Maybe, if the ramp-thing works, I can set up only one emitter emitting through both gaps. 3rd problem: the particles wont fill up the mixer. Ive tried to use instanced nurbs spheres(active rigid bodies) as particles but that didnt work. Last question: The particles collide with the mesh and rest on its ground but half of the spheres wont stay inside the mixer.

Thanks for any help,

Raoul
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
New Thread