Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-07-2011 , 01:57 AM
Subscriber

how did simply maya save your life??

well in my case, i hadnt had much to do with maya for a while as the $$$ vs eye loss was a drag. Then i got work as art director at the Barossa Film Festival in South Australia and guess what.., jay's little free tut on rendering a glss jug helped me connect the dots for wine glasses and bottles i need to make for a design

amazing i had the tuts on a HD and just fond them .., is it magic or is it simply living??

cheers jay and crew

mirek user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 12-07-2011 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
didnt see the new glass tutorial.., difficult paying rent just now but its looking pretty tempting.

# 3 12-07-2011 , 11:00 AM
Lifetime Member
Hey mirek...good to see you still about!! I wouldnt say it saved my life but what I have learnt with the tools and 3D has certainly helped me HUGELY in my Surveying work. Discovering tools I didnt know my CAD had (though still lacking true 3D capabilities)...it has also given me a new aspect of the way I look at construction...enabling 'outside the box' kind of thinking.

So have you done any models of late? Will keep an eye out if you do.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 12-07-2011 , 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
I was wondering what happened to you! Eye loss? Wow, that sucks. Good thing the tut came in handy and that worked out.

- Genny
# 5 13-07-2011 , 05:23 AM
Subscriber
cheers guys. Thats really, really appreciated. user added image

eye loss?? i dont think i was good at maintaining a healthy lifestyle with the computer; because i dug maya so much i would stare for at for ages, as we do, and so my age caught up with my eyes for the first time in my life; uni study didnt help either. SO you youngins.., be careful and listen to your parents user added image

models? not really. After uni i did 2 years of FX at TAFE and that really did me in afyer 4 years at uni. I think i got tired. I tried to enter into education but a history, (20 years ago if you can believe, well 19 1/2 now) that of drugs meant i couldnt, wasnt allowed to be a teacher (tesol, post grad cert).., so back into the land of sex, lies and video..,media!!!!

fortuitousness; those years of simply maya, uni, and FX at tafe paid off s i became a .., da dahhhh.., photographer (the reinvention for the usual reasons that film production is a bitch). Strangle that took me via photoraphy to FX which is leading me back to maya for elements in telling stories or advertising (branding) with imagery. Some say im pretty good at it now but i intend to run any 3D i do through here. Theres a couple of mail forums but forums like this, with images and moderation go along way in maintaining interest and learning new things.., without the hostility one finds on forums.