Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-07-2011 , 12:59 PM
Lifetime Member

PolyMesh > Sub-D problem

Hey All,

I'm having trouble converting a polymesh ground plane into a Sub-D. Every time i try the plane vanishes. Ive tried raising the maximum base mesh faces but that doesn't seem to work. What i want to go on to do is then convert my sub-d to a Nurbs surface so I can use paint effects.

Maya 2011
Windows 7 64bit

Thanks

-J

# 2 16-07-2011 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
i'm sort of confused what your problem is. could you explain it a different way or use some pics of what you have and what you want to end up with?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 07-08-2011 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
you could try using the top view and measuring out a nurbs plane to the scale of the poly plane and save yourself some time.

# 4 07-08-2011 , 09:37 AM
The Nurb Herd
you could try not converting, because it sounds like you don't need to.
just use paint effects on the polygons.

# 5 07-08-2011 , 11:20 PM
Lifetime Member
I f i use paint effects on the polygons they just disappear as soon as I let go of the left mouse button