Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-08-2011 , 12:54 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Sea lion

I started working on a sea lion I started about a year ago that I did for a challenge (that I never finished).
I'm hoping to finish an image for once; the original plan was just to do the whiskers and flippers then start texturing but I might do a bit more work on it now because I quite like it...
I definitely need to work on the flippers and tail more.

What do you think is the best thing to do with his whiskers? They're curves at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-08-2011 , 01:09 PM
Acid44
Looks good man, though I would cut down the edges going around the back from the fins, may get wonky with smoothing if you don't

See attached image, something like that should work

Red = Delete
Yellow = Add

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-08-2011 , 02:18 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Done user added image

Thanks for that user added image

Attached Images
# 4 15-08-2011 , 02:49 PM
Acid44
No problem, much better now user added image

# 5 15-08-2011 , 05:04 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
What's this?.... no elephants? LOL

Looks like a nice start there...are you going to add seamen as well ( small joke)

# 6 17-08-2011 , 02:13 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

What's this?.... no elephants? LOL

Looks like a nice start there...are you going to add seamen as well ( small joke)

Nah, it's clearly a female... unless I wanted a baby sea lion...

I guess I just got fed up with modelling elephants... wait, that can't be right...

I'm not sure where to go with modelling now, do sea lions have any mode definition?

I might just get on with texturing in the hope of actually finishing something for once.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 17-08-2011 , 04:51 AM
Why not an elephant sea? user added image

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 8 17-08-2011 , 07:39 AM
Acid44
Just had a look at a few of them on Google, seems if it's an adult it should be fatter along the back and longer from the fins to the tail

Maybe a bit chubbier in the chest too

# 9 17-08-2011 , 04:31 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Just had a look at a few of them on Google, seems if it's an adult it should be fatter along the back and longer from the fins to the tail

Maybe a bit chubbier in the chest too

You might be right..I'm not sure

I'm trying to go for the kind of sea lion you'd see in a sea lion show (not one of the fat males though).
Although for how much fat mine has at the front I think he does perhaps need more at the back....

https://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/file...hn-clanton.jpg

Attached Thumbnails