Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-08-2011 , 03:57 AM

misc questions

Hi, couple questions bout 2012

Ncloth
when I create an ncloth out of a plane polygon and a collider out of a cube using the buttons under the ncloth tab the so called ncloth simple falls on the block or falls on it and then falls off rigid as a board. I didn't touch any of the default settings as far as I know. Anyone know what is wrong?

Fluids
When I create a fluid emitter or a container with fluid emitter the fluid behaves like a gas floating to the top. Even when I click enable liquid simulation it still behaves the same. How to I switch it to a liquid like behavior?

Shatter dynamics
I'm not sure how to cause an object to shatter when it hits a surface or if it is even possible automatically. I shatter the object but as it falls it remains in one piece.

Thanks

# 2 25-08-2011 , 04:30 AM
Well with the n cloth you will need to subdivide the plane. At the moment it sounds like you have a simple poly plane which is going to react like a piece of cardboard. You probably want to subdivide it 2-3 times. I am not great with n-cloth but I think you also want to triangulate the mesh as well in order to get better deformation.

Not sure about the other 2 issues but will take a look later if no one has answered your question.

Hope this helps

# 3 26-08-2011 , 12:13 AM

Well with the n cloth you will need to subdivide the plane. At the moment it sounds like you have a simple poly plane which is going to react like a piece of cardboard. You probably want to subdivide it 2-3 times. I am not great with n-cloth but I think you also want to triangulate the mesh as well in order to get better deformation.

Not sure about the other 2 issues but will take a look later if no one has answered your question.

Hope this helps

I subdivided and it still acts like a rigid board. How to you triangulate?

# 4 27-08-2011 , 03:32 AM
I subdivided more and it works now...any idea on the other questions?

# 5 27-08-2011 , 10:30 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes